Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cinnamon Apricot Jam Donuts – Raw!


I still love making raw treats for the Kitz Angels. I know it's been a while since I've been here but I do miss it. I've been busy at my other blog were I post healthy food I make for my loved ones who are not interested in being completely raw but they do love a high raw diet and that which is not raw to be as healthy as I can make it. Yep it keeps me busy but I wouldn't have it any other way. This is a little treat I did up last week. The new mould I used made then look super cool. 

You will need a mould for baking donuts or something with a similar shape. The one I have just leaves a dent in the center which made it easy to put the jam into. If you don't have one or can't get one just press them into the bottom of a muffin pan. 



Cinnamon Apricot Jam Donuts
Makes 6

Ingredients:
½ cup buckies
½ cup active almonds
½ cup good quality unsweetened coconut
½ tsp ground vanilla bean
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp lemon zest
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbs coconut oil
1/3 to ¼ cup agave

Preparation:
 Add buckies and almonds to a food processor and grind until fine
Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it sticks together when you press it into a ball
Sprinkle water over your donut mould then place a large piece of cling film over the top.
Note: the water helps the cling film slide into the mould and you need more than you think because once it goes into the mould you don’t have much left
Place about 2 tbs into each mould and press down firmly with the back of the spoon
Gently pull the cling film up to remove the donuts and place onto a plate so that you can refrigerate them while you make the jam

Jam

Ingredients:
¼ cup chopped organic apricots
1/3 cup of chopped pitted dates
¼ tsp vanilla
Filtered water to cover

Preparation:
Add ingredients to a small personal blender and add warm filtered water to just cover
Leave for about an hour or two so that the fruit is soft
Blend until thick and smooth just like jam!
Place a spoonful into the middle of the donuts

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment