Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pears and Strawberries.. what shall I do?

Make a Pear and Strawberry Flan!! that's what I did.



I had to make something nice today, the morning tea I  had served them the last couple of days was dismal!! It was one of those things I had to resurrect by making a nice chocolate sauce and cashew cream to pour over it. It looked divine but the cake was  bit dry. O'well, you win some you lose some!!
This was a spur of the moment cake. I had strawberries that needed to be used and I couldn't bring myself to put them in the morning smoothie. I also had some nice big pears that lend themselves to that delicious sweetness needed in a good flan!! So of the the pantry I went looking for more inspiration and this is what I came up with. I wasn't going to write down what I put in it but when I finished it I just though id better. Nothing worse that when I throw something together that they love and then I can't remember what was in it.
Yep it was a hit and yep I going to blog it!! so here is the recipes.

Pear & Strawberry Flan
Base
Ingredients:
3/4 cup dates
1/2 cup coconut (dried)
1 tsp freshly ground vanilla bean

Preparation:
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until sticky but still chunky. Press into the base of a paper lined cheesecake pan.

Filling
ingredients:
1/2 cup cashews
1/3 cup goji berries
cover with water and soak for about 1/2 hr.
add
1 large peeled and cored pear
1 punnet of strawberries
2 tbs chia seeds
1 tbs coconut oil
Agave to taste
Guar gum, - optional and if needed!

Preparation:
Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. If it is too runny add 1/2 tsp guar gum while the motor is running until incorporated and thickened - I had to do this as I had left too much water with the nuts and goji's!!

enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment