Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fruitfull Bali

It's been a while since I've been here... but we have been on a long awaited trip to Bali! and it was wonderful.

Honeydew Melon Smoothy
I feasted on fruit grown in the lush volanic soils of the island, all grown naturally without chemicals. It was amazing, the mangoes, papaya and bananas are as ripe as can be, full of sweetness and the skins are still green! what is that telling us?
Along with the massive amounts of papaya, mango and watermelon I consumed I also enjoyed snake fruit, rambutans, manogsteen, bananas and the most favoured of all.. the Durian! fresh from the farmer and never seen a fridge let alone a freezer! so cheep and so sweet and creamy!

Ubud Markets.. durian everywhere!
I am already planning a return, this time going to hire mopeds and take a small backpack so that we can just travel the Island and stay where we find great little gems. We did hire them this time while we where in Ubud and it was a lot of fun. Rode mountain bikes from the Volcano back to Ubud, the boys white water rafted.. I did the whole massage/spa thing.. :) very nice!! and we did lots of walking, talking - we where trying to learn Indonesian, exploring and mmm shopping!
Jordi in the Hot Tub at the Spa!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. That pic of Jordi is amazing. Worth framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't eat durian. I don't like the taste but most people say its delicious tastes like ice cream. But I love rambutan, papaya and mangoes!!!! I saw the honeydew smoothie in
    Foodista just few weeks ago and your blog reminded me that I will make honeydew smoothie too. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Indonesia!

    ReplyDelete